For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Love Double-Take

It amuses me when I look at young couples on Facebook and see all of the pictures they take of each other.  I remember being the same way with my husband in the early days of our relationship.  We each had a Canon AE-1 camera when we met and we took a lot of pictures. When there were no children in the picture yet,  and being the hot young things that we were (lol), we naturally enjoyed taking pictures of each other!

With Valentine's Day just a few days away, what better way is there to celebrate than to reflect on the days when our love was blossoming?


Here we were decorating the Christmas tree in my apartment when we were dating!




These pictures were taken at Virginia Beach back in 1983.




The moped pictures were from Block Island on the weekend we got engaged!



 And this is when I was introducing Vance to one of my favorite places - Cliffside Park in Burlington.



Some serious shots at a restaurant in Cape Cod...



Snorkeling in Aruba on our first Caribbean vacation...



And having some fun with an underwater camera!





I think these shots were from our trip to Antigua...








Gatorland in Florida was fun!



And so was Disney...



This was on our balcony in Bermuda before going to dinner...




We had some fun trips to NYC too ( in Central Park)...



In these pictures, we had moved into our current house.  It would be a few years until Adam came along!



Beginning on April 22, 1991,  we still took pictures of each other.
We were just never alone anymore!




Happy Valentine's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment