For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Monday, November 18, 2013

Everyday Life Through the Lens

Back when I was growing up,  we didn't have cameras with us very often.  When we did, it was used mostly for big events like proms and graduations.  I hardly have any pictures of my friends.  I went looking today and came up with a few, but the earliest was from high school.
And honestly,  these were almost all of them!  Sad!

This was Starlene.

Char and Julie

Karen

Jeanne

Jim

Mandy

Barb, Beth, Erin and Mandy


Margaret and Mary

This is a little later on, but it is my softball team at work after college.

I wish I had more pictures of everyday life with my friends from grammar school and high school!  Even after high school!


We always complain about kids and their phones.  They are always texting, checking Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.

If there is one positive aspect of having a phone in your pocket at all times is that they have a camera in their pocket at all times!

Taking pictures of everyday life!

Back when phones had cards inside them to store photos, I used to take them out of their phones once in a while and back up the photos to the computer.  I'm sure they will love to look back at all of these fun times!















No comments:

Post a Comment