For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Monday, September 23, 2013

Lightening the Load

When I was trekking around NYC a few weeks ago,  I  was well-equipped with my camera and a few lenses so I could take pictures of interesting things I happened upon.

Big mistake.

1)  I felt like a target when riding the subway if I didn't have my camera hidden - which is hard to do when it's so large.

2)  I felt like I had a sign on my forehead that read "I am a tourist".

3)  When it began to rain, I had to be concerned about protecting my camera.

4)  After 5 hours, my shoulders were aching and I had to keep switching the strap from one side to the other to redistribute the load.


With plans to spend much more time in the city accompanying Vance on business trips now that we are empty nesters,  I set out in search of another way to satisfy my photographic needs.

Not wanting to spend hundreds of dollars on another camera, and since I already have a decent camera on my iphone, I investigated options for my phone camera.

Photojojo.com had the answer!




Buy the Photojojo Phone Lens Series at the Photojojo Store!


For only $50, I bought 3 lenses that attach to my iphone camera magnetically -
a fisheye, wide angle/macro, and 2x telephoto.





You just need to take your iphone out the it's case and stick this magnetic ring around the camera on the backside of the phone.



Each lens has a magnetic cap over the back to protect it.


To attach the lens, just pull off the magnetic cap and put the lens onto the magnetic ring around the camera.


Each lens is extremely small, lightweight and easy to carry in your pocketbook.


I tried each lens a little this weekend.  Above is the fisheye lens.


The macro lens took this close-up of a map.


I love the wide-angle lens too!



Next time a go to the city,  I'll leave my large DSLR at home and travel lighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment