For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Friday, January 11, 2013

Christmas is Family


This billboard stood out among the hundreds of signs and billboards around Times Square in New York.  Our family was in the city to see The Lion King.

It made me wonder who was paying for this billboard.
 
It wasn't promoting any business or product.


It wasn't advertising any Broadway show.


It wasn't lit up - flashing and blinking to get your attention.




But it stood out in its simplicity and meaningful message.


FAMILY

There's nothing better than when everyone is home from college
and we spend time together.

























 I hope you had a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment