For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Random Thoughts

Just a few things that have been going through my mind...

1.  As I prepare to send out Christmas cards, I always feel a time
     of sorrow as I remove the names of those that have died this
     year.

2.  Should I buy this sweater for my daughter or keep it for myself?

3.  The no-lick stamp is the greatest!

4.  A paper cut on your tongue from licking an envelope
     doesn't hurt nearly as bad as one on your finger.

5.  Everyone Loves Raymond never fails to make me laugh.

6.  It's been about 3 years since I've been able to actually see
     the hair that I am shaving under my armpits!

7.  I'm always torn between buying a gift you know someone
     wants (because they have asked for it)  and taking a risk by
     surprising them with something else.

8.  When filling out online forms, I have noticed I need to
     scroll farther and farther down to find my birth year.

9.  Have you ever  gotten angry when your child doesn't return
     your text message, only to realize you forgot to press send?

10. I've eaten chili almost every day for lunch since March
      and I'm still not tired of it.  It's easier than thinking of
      something different every day.

11. Every year, I want fewer and simpler Christmas decorations.

12.  I don't bother hiding gifts anymore.  I put the bags in one corner
       of the family room and tell everyone they are welcome to
       peek if they want to spoil their Christmas by knowing what
       I got them.  It is much easier than hiding things and then
       forgetting where I hid them!


No comments:

Post a Comment