For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Tuesday, May 1, 2012

In My Dreams

Watching the Amazing Race always makes me yearn to visit far-away places.  It gives me glimpses of the vast and varied beauty of the world that I will probably never see with my own eyes.

If I had the chance to visit just a few of these places...
If I had to narrow it down to a five...
Where would I go?

(not in any particular order)

The white buildings and blue waters of the Greek Islands have always seemed appealing to me.  Watching "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" clinched it.  I want to go there someday!

Isn't this photo amazing?  Japan has serenity and gracefulness that I would love to capture with my camera.  Not the cities.  Just the smaller villages and countryside.

Africa is so different and breathtaking.  Serengeti National Park, the animals, the landscapes, the people.  Another photographer's dream!




The French countryside would be so romantic and picturesque!  The Loire valley, castles, flowers...





I have always wanted to visit Ireland too.  Maybe it's my Irish heritage.  Maybe it's the novels I've read which make Ireland and the people come alive.  And of course it's the beauty!

These are just dreams.
Maybe I'll get to a few of them.
Maybe not.

However, I am so fortunate that I have already been to the most breathtaking place on earth.
This place has been a part of me all of my life. 
This is where I am most at peace.
No matter where I live, it will always be home.





 
Vermont!

1 comment:

  1. Jean (Barr) KochMay 8, 2012 at 1:47 AM

    Photos are breath taking... Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete