For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Wednesday, March 7, 2012

29:59

Have you seen a poster or Facebook status lately that looks like this:

KONY 2012

At first, I just assumed it was another political candidate
that I've never heard of.

But after reading a few angry Facebook statuses,
I was intrigued to investigate further.

After I did, I felt I should do my part to spread the word.


The following film is 29 minutes and 59 seconds long.

When I saw this, I never thought I would watch the whole thing.

I didn't have the time.

I intended to watch just enough to find out what it was all about.

I watched all 29 minutes and 59 seconds of it.

When Vance came home today, I wanted him to watch it too.

He was in a hurry - had work to do.

He agreed to watch a couple of minutes with me.

Before I knew it, he had pulled up a chair.

He watched all 29 minutes and 59 seconds too.

So did Kerry.

It is extremely well done.
It is extremely informative.
It is extremely interesting.
It is remarkable.
It is extremely important.


KONY 2012 from INVISIBLE CHILDREN on Vimeo.



How long did you watch? 



No comments:

Post a Comment