For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Three Women I Have Never Met

This is a story about 3 women. 
Each of them is connected to me.

One is from Canada.
One is from the Netherlands.
One is from Wisconsin.

I have never met any of them.
If I did, I bet I would like them.

We all have one thing in common:
We all have the same kind of dog.

I have interacted in one way or another with all 3 of them this week.

The woman from Canada loves animals.
She has beautiful dogs, cats, and horses.
She is a talented photographer and artist.
She seems like a person who is always striving
     to learn and excel at whatever she does.
This week I helped her out with some photos in Photoshop.

The woman from the Netherlands loves animals.
Her dad passed away a year ago.
I think that is around the time  that she read a 
      blog I wrote about my dad's passing.
This week I reached out to her in her sorrow as 
    she told of memories of her last days spent 
    with her dad.

The woman from Wisconsin loves animals too.
She has a niece and nephew that mean the world to her.
She has been like a cheerleader to me for 
       my photography and my blog.
She has also had some major health problems recently.
I believe she had surgery at the end of last week.
After getting a few updates from the hospital on the 
     weekend, there has been no word from her in 3 days.
I am worried that things may not be going well for her.

How do I know these women?
I know them only through Facebook.
Most likely we will never meet face to face.
That's ok.

The mission of Facebook is to
     "help people connect and share".
Mission accomplished.










No comments:

Post a Comment