For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Melody-ous Monday!


I had soooooo much fun on Monday!

I had the privilege of spending the day with Melody.

Mel and I spent most of the day together taking pictures of each other in Hartford.

It was soooo much fun because we didn't plan anything.  We just strolled around the city and took pictures of each other.  I wanted Mel to take pictures of me so I could see how it feels like on the "other" side of the camera.  And I knew Mel likes to be "behind" the camera as well as in front of it!

These first pictures were taken under the Charter Oak bridge.




We felt like we were in another world!  The stone arches rose out of the river to support the bridge, looking like white marble and glowing softly from the reflected light off the water.  The light was PERFECT!




Then we took a few pictures on the steps in front of the river.





Heading onto the streets of Hartford,
Mel was up for anything
 and didn't mind acting silly
 in front of many passersby.
 It was great!






We pretended to be looking for a hat at a street vendor JUST to take a few pictures!

After lunch, we headed to Bushnell Park and passed by an old graveyard with beautiful iron gates.



The scenery at Bushnell Park seemed blah and uninspiring until Mel fed some goldfish crackers to a few squirrels.




It wasn't long before every pigeon in the park joined us for a snack!







I had a lot of fun!
Mel did too.
It was one of those perfect unplanned days!

2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL pictures, Gayle. LOVE the Hartford scenery. Love the ones of you, too! Mel did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are beautiful! she could be a catalogue model in that hat picture!

    ReplyDelete