For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Monday, June 20, 2011

Fluff and Stuff

Halle has blown her coat for the first time!

If you have never had the opportunity to brush a dog who is blowing coat,  you probably have no idea what I am talking about.

I am talking about a fur explosion.



Have you ever opened a milkweed pod?  That would be pretty similar!


This is what I got after just one swipe of the comb!


 When I was done (two hours later),  there were 3 large piles of fluff - very soft down-like fluff.


Maddie found it very intriguing!



And Halle looks like she lost 10 pounds!




1 comment:

  1. wow...that is A LOT of fur! Mikko hasn't shown any signs..yet. Usually not until mid to late July,but you never know. And it is true about milkweed pods..an explosion of fur is exactly how to describe it!!!

    ReplyDelete