For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Monday, February 21, 2011

Meet Maddie!



                                               Meet "Maddie". 

Maddie is the newest member of our family.  We already have 2 cats and 2 dogs, along with 3 teen-age children.  Why in the world do we need another cat? 

We don't.  We have plenty of pet hair to vacuum already.  We have plenty of mouths to feed.  Plenty of vet bills.  We ALWAYS have at least one pet sitting next to us on the couch wanting our attention.

But you see,  I have a daughter with a HUGE heart for cats.  She met a 4 year old cat named Dora at the humane society in Burlington, Vermont.  She fell in love with Dora and wanted our family to adopt her.   I made a trip to Burlington on Friday to bring Kerry home for President's Day weekend and she asked me to meet Dora.  BUT,  Dora had been adopted already.  So, to make a long story short, MEET MADDIE!



We got her at the humane society in Springfield, MA on Saturday.

She is part calico and she has such interesting markings, like the ring around the tip of her tail!

             She also has 4 white paws!


Maddie is a bundle of energy!  The kids were young when we got our other 2 cats, and I think they are amazed at how curious and smart she is!



... and how fast she is!





... and how nimble she is!




... and how high she can jump!




In her quieter times, she is very sweet with a very loud motor that doesn't quit!




The furry members of our family have not officially met her yet, except through a 1 inch crack in the door of Kerry's bedroom.  We are taking it slowly.

Maddie (aka Mad Dawg) has already captured our human hearts!

We didn't NEED another pet.   But we don't always buy things we need.

We sometimes buy things just to make us happy. 




4 comments:

  1. What a little sweetheart! I love the pic of Maddie peeking through the megaphone. Great shots of her =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gayle!
    Mad Dawg is so cute! I hope I get to come meet her sometime. Oh by the way, this is Kerry's friend Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim! Nice to meet you! Maybe the next time I come to Burlington we can meet in person. You know you are hugely responsible for our getting Maddie since you started the process by taking Kerry to the humane society!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well when you picked Kerry up I tried to wave to you guys but neither of you saw me... And I wish Dora hadn't been adopted, but I'm glad you guys still got a new kitty :)

    ReplyDelete