For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A GLEEful Project

I LOVE PHOTOSHOP and all the creative possibilities it gives me. 


Before Christmas,  my son, Adam, was looking to make his Christmas gift to his girlfriend more special.  I asked him a few questions about what kind of things she likes, and found our she is a big fan of the TV show "Glee".  BINGO.  I googled "Glee" and came up with a great idea.


 

Adam ended up buying her a nice bracelet, but we decided to package the bracelet in a CD case with a cool GLEE cover.  I got my camera out and took a few pictures of Adam against a plain background.

After some color-corrections and cropping, I came up with this basic picture to begin.

Next I had to cut him out of the picture so I could change the background.
The wall was gold and we needed a more vibrant color with a radiant glow in the center.





We decided on a bright green background (since it was a Christmas gift!)
 I added the green over the top of the original picture....




Then I put the cut-out picture over the top so it looks like the glow is behind him.


Now it was time for the letters.  Adam found a font that is very similar to the one used in Glee.


It looked good but needed a drop shadow.


And the finishing touch "Special Edition Christmas Album" on the top.

It was a fun little project that I could never have done with my BELOVED PHOTOSHOP!

1 comment:

  1. That was soooo great....amazing what you can do with PS!!
    PS...Did you tell Vance yet?????

    ReplyDelete