For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Monday, December 27, 2010

It's a Boy!



Meet Farrah.  Farrah is a cockatiel - a male cockatiel.  We are babysitting Farrah for a week.  Farrah gets lots of attention from everyone in our family and sings A LOT.  Farrah is easy to care for and doesn't ask for much, BUT THERE IS ONLY ONE PROBLEM.  Do you know how difficult it is to call Farrah "he"?   All week long, Vance has been going over to her cage and asking in a high-pitched voice "How's the pretty girl?"  Whenever this happens,  there is an echo all over the house "It's a boy!"  It is soooo hard to think of such a pretty bird as a boy, especially with a name like Farrah!  Everyone in the family does it, and each time it gets pointed out "It's a BOY!" 

      Farrah has a beautiful home with lots of toys, bells, and mirror!
      She - ok, HE  is very happy there.

Farrah is very photogenic, kind of like Farrah Fawcett in her day.
                       Ok, I'm dating myself now.   

                                       Farrah has nice nails.
                               Farrah loves to whistle and sing!
                                                     ...... and eat!


and I never realized just how beautiful she was
until I used my macro lens to take her picture! 
Maybe I am imagining it, 
but I think I can see little teeth in her mouth! 
And look at all of the layers of delicate feathers
surrounding her -HIS - beak!


She even has nice long eyelashes around her big BROWN eyes - yes, brown.
 I was able to see in one picture a black pupil and a brown ring around it!


She/he is going home tomorrow and we will miss her/him!

No comments:

Post a Comment