For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Thursday, September 30, 2010

Funny Girl

Skype is an amazing thing!  If you have ever chatted online with a loved one away from home, I'm sure you would agree.  It's the next best thing to being there.  

Tonight, Annie and I and Kerry's friend, Jojo, had dinner together.  After dinner, we skyped with Kerry for over an hour.  It was just like she was sitting at the table with us.


From the time Kerry was an infant, she has always had a very expressive face. As we were chatting, I was taking pictures of my funny girl.

It's soooo much better than just talking on the phone, isn't it?


















 

3 comments:

  1. awww! she is so cute!! she does have a VERY expressive face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gayle...we love Skype. It makes me feel as if my kids are right in the next room instead of hours away. Love all the photos of Kerry...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are hilarious! i wonder what her roommate in the background thought? LOL

    ReplyDelete