For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Friday, July 7, 2017

WHERE IS MY BLOG YOU HAVE AN HOUR AND A HALF!


This is the message I received a short time ago
 from my daughter, Kerry.

Today is her 25th birthday. 

For the past 5 years,  
I have written a "birthday blog" for each of my children 
on their birthdays.  
Kerry is obviously worried that I forgot!
Well, I didn't!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KERRY!

A little over a year ago,
Kerry moved back to CT from Nashville.

I don't know if she realizes how much it has meant
to her dad and me to have her around.  Even though
she's not living at home, we see Kerry a few times 
every week.  Sometimes we share a meal,  or watch a TV show.
Other times I just stop to see her for a few minutes when
I'm in her neighborhood.

It's just nice.


I know they often say that "quality" time
is more important than "quantity".


While there may be some truth in that,
I think there is something to be said
for just enjoying ordinary everyday moments. 


We have done a lot together this past year. 


Kerry was able to go on vacation with us to Lake George.


We ate a LOT of ice cream together!


When Kerry is around,  we also get to spend
time with her friends (an added bonus!)



A short winter trip to Florida was a lot of fun!



Fletcher has gotten to know us too.


Kerry has a quality about her that 
makes things fun.



She also enjoys spending time outside
in nature - which we have in common!



She come up with quirky ideas that 
(for some reason)
we all go along with.



We celebrated her 25th birthday last night
with family visiting from New Jersey.



Janis, Gary, Kimiko, Miya and Grandma Alice joined our celebration.




As happy as we are to have Kerry living close-by,


I think she is just as happy.


At some point in the future, she may decide
to relocate again,   and that's ok. 
We are fortunate to have this time for now.

Happy 25th to our beautiful daughter!
We love you!

(AND I GOT IT DONE WITH 21 MINUTES TO SPARE!)

No comments:

Post a Comment