For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Tuesday, October 13, 2015

If It's Not One Thing, It's Another

Today was one of those days.  I didn't sleep well last night.   I was awakened many times by my husband's snoring, and each time I lay awake trying to stop my mind from racing from one thought to another.  I tried to tell myself that any recurring thoughts could wait until morning. I tried to empty my mind - unsuccessfully. 

I'm sure every person reading this can identify.  

Laying in bed in the middle of the night,  exhaustion does strange things to your thoughts.   You beat yourself up.  You doubt yourself.  Problems are magnified exponentially.  You know you're being irrational,  but you just can't jump off the spinning wheel.

When I got up this morning,  I felt crappy - both physically and mentally.  I did something I very rarely do.  I went back to bed.  Even upon waking the second time,  I had no energy and no appetite.  I knew I had to pry my feet out of the mud and do things to put myself in a better frame of mind.  Having two dogs by my side, eager to go for a walk, helped get me going.



I ate lunch, got dressed, and leashed my dogs.  Just getting outside and getting moving helped immensely.  Four miles later,  I was beginning to feel better.  But I didn't want to go back in the house.  So I put the dogs in the back of the car, grabbed my camera, and drove.  Windows down, radio off. 


The colors, while not peak yet, were very beautiful.


The pond in Broad Brook was very crowded when we got there.




Sami and Halle were very interested in the geese.


When they flew by the car,  I thought Sami was going to jump out the window!




The geese kept flying away in large groups.   I wondered where they were all going.


We watched the sunset before heading home for dinner.


My head is in a much better place now.
My body, though, has another issue.

Over the course of the day, I've noticed more and more little itchy bumps on my ankles, behind my knees... 

I've had scabies before and suspect I may have picked up some of those little mites when I tried on clothes at the mall yesterday. 

If it's not one thing, it's another.

No comments:

Post a Comment