For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Monday, April 8, 2013

Rolling, Rolling, Rolling...

Pinterest is truly an amazing and inspiring site!  When my daughter, Kerry, showed me a craft idea she had found on Pinterest, I decided to make one of my own - only a bit larger!

So I've been rolling.  And rolling.  And rolling.  And glueing too.
I have rolled almost every page from every magazine and catalog in my house.
I roll while watching TV.  I roll on long car rides.
I even rolled in the dark during one of my daughter's band concerts.


I've gotten so fast (I timed myself)  that I can roll and glue two pages in one minute.


But the real fun comes when the rolling is done.


Then I get to CREATE.


The finished product is 4ft x 4ft.

Perfect for a cool photography backdrop!

Not so cool like this...


But as I open the aperture more and more,


and the background blurs more and more,


The cooler it gets!

I can't wait to try it out on a real live person instead of a bottle of glue!

No comments:

Post a Comment