For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Bloodshot Eyes



My daughter looked at my eyes the other day and said, "Mom, you look like a crack addict!"  I already knew that my eyes looked weary and had way too many blood vessels showing.  It was not a surprise.  But I knew at that moment that I needed to make some changes in my life!

After googling "bloodshot eyes" I came up with a list of things that would supposedly help me with my problem:

More sleep.  OK, I can do that.  It will probably be good for my overall well-being.  I guess those late night online classes will have to stop.  I swear I never get tired when I am on the computer!  Maybe I should go back to reading plain old books!

Less time staring at the computer screen.  If I get more sleep, my time on the computer will be cut significantly!  But what about email, facebook, photoshop, online classes, my BLOG! I need to be on the computer to look at my photographs! OH, NO!  I guess I can TRY to limit myself!

Cold/Warm compresses on the eyes.  Sounds heavenly.  Laying around on the couch a few times a day with tea bags on my eyes!  Which is better? Cold or warm?  I'll try both!  But wait, now I have mascara all over my face.  I guess I'll have to go without make-up for a while.  Maybe this one can wait until bedtime!

Exercise.  I have been meaning to head back to the gym, but first I have to get rid of this nasty cough lingering from a cold I had last week.


Vitamins.  Got some.  This one is easy!


So it has been a week.....


I have been getting more sleep. I went to the gym.  I took my vitamins.  I only lasted a day without my computer! 
But at least I know Photoshop! 

3 comments:

  1. As soon as I looked at the second picture, I smelled a rat (disguised as Photoshop)
    Hahaha.
    Very funny post, Gayle. Loved it. If you come up with a solution for those red eyes, please let me know....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha....i think we're all learning to live with bloodshot eyes, thanks to photography, photoshop, and laptops!

    ReplyDelete