For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Saturday, July 7, 2018

26


Twenty-six years ago today, this little
 "bundle of joy"
 came into our world.  

And in Kerry's case especially,
"bundle of JOY"
is exactly what she has been from day one.


From her youngest of days,  
I think anyone in our family would agree
that Kerry brings fun and laughter to our lives.

She's not one of those extroverted, life of the party types.

She has a special kind of quiet, creative sense of humor which pops up when you least expect it.


She has always been this way. 
In the photo (above and below) you have sweet, tender Adam.
Then you have Kerry!


Very frequently she makes use of things around
her in unique and creative ways.

A blanket.

A frosting decorating tip.

Spoons.

A soda can.

Dough.

Straws.

Little hands. 

Often the prop is a food item, such as Girl Scout cookies.

Pie dough.

Pasta. 

Frosting.

Raspberry pie.

Freshly picked strawberries.

Chocolate toffee bars.


Snapchat filters.

When our family gets together, 
Kerry's absence changes the dynamics altogether.
And I can honestly say that Kerry's mood 
can make or break a family gathering.










So on this day, Kerry, I wish you all the best that
life has to offer.  

You were my perfect little girl 26 years ago today,
and you still are.

Happy 26th!

With Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment