For the first 50 years of my life, my perfectionist self mistakenly believed it was all about knowing more, getting it right, planning, attempting to prevent bad things from happening, and keeping all of my chicks in a row. It took me this long to discover that the JOURNEY is all that matters. This quote from Gilda Radner sums it all up:

"I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
"


Friday, March 18, 2016

Momo Lisa

I sometimes feel guilty that I take so many pictures of my cat, Maddie.  She is a very active, very curious feline who get's around.  Last week she climbed into the cab of the truck when Vance was leaving.  He picked her up and put her on the ground.  She must have wanted to get back in, because when he closed the door, her tail was in the way.  I heard the scream from inside the house.  She's lucky it wasn't broken.  But that's who she is.  She is everywhere! And she's so photogenic!

My older cat, Momo, doesn't do much.  She may go outside for a little while, but she just sits on the front step.  When she's not sitting on the front step, she's sitting on the bed - or the couch - or the back of the chair.
I guess that's why I don't take many pictures of her.  There's no variety.

Yesterday, though, when she was sitting on the back of the chair, she caught my eye.  The light was just right, her fur was smooth, and her eyes were bright.  And she treated me to a solid 10 minutes of photography! I got some beautiful portraits of this "grande dame".  My little M̶o̶n̶a̶  Momo Lisa!








No comments:

Post a Comment